As any new parent will tell you, during the early weeks and months your baby feeds reguarly. Whilst all babies are different, newborns usually need to be fed between 8-12 times in a 24 hour period! It is only when they reach 4-6 months that they start feeding 4-6 times a day.
Which is why it can start to feel like the feeding routine is endless. Considering the fact that new parents get up several times a night to feed their baby, and get considerably less sleep than they were previously used to, it’s little surprise that recalling what time your baby was less fed, can sometimes be a little tricky. For this reason, many midwives, lactation consultants and paediatricians will recommend keeping track of your baby’s feed particularly for the first few months, but there are other benefits too. For example:
- It can help you ensure your baby is getting enough to eat.
- As you get to learn your baby’s pattern of feeding you’ll be able to more accurately know when they are ready for their next feed.
- It can be helpful to have all of the information in one place to share with health care professions or your maternal health care nurse at your baby’s check-ups.
- Tracking feeds can give you a sense of control and help to ease new parent anxieties.
- Having a log of your baby’s normal feeding schedule allows you to troubleshoot much easier.
- It can empower parents to know that they are on the right track.
Fortunately, the Goldilocks Suit monitors, tracks and records your baby’s wellbeing in a variety of ways. Not only does the smart singlet monitor and record your baby’s temperature, sleeping patterns, breathing and development, it also tracks feeding. So when your baby cries you’ll have a much better idea whether they are too hot, too cold or hungry – giving you greater peace of mind and confidence in your parenting ability.
The Goldilocks app uses the information that it collates on your baby, and uses it to act as a virtual parenting coach, and even includes helpful videos that cover commonly asked questions or issues faced by new parents.
You can find out more about the Goldilocks Suit here